Strict health and safety measures are firmly in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable training experience for all our members and their families.
We are delighted to welcome you back into the academy for training and would like to thank you all for your support over the last few months!
We have been working tirelessly to provide training opportunities for you throughout, but also to ensure that that the academy is in tip top condition to ensure the health and well-being of all our students and their families on your return. We have put a number of procedures in place and have made changes to the academy and the way classes are run for the time being.
We have installed air purifying units to ensure safe ventilation and cleanliness, purchased contactless thermometers to detect early signs of illness, provided hand sanitising stations, undergone health and safety training and made adjustments to the layout of the academy. We have also carried out a rigorous risk assessment to assess and address any health and safety issues which may arise.
Class sizes and times have been reduced to enable safe social distancing at all times. Although timings have been reduced, this will enable our coaches to spend more individualised time with each student, so their training will not be compromised. It will also ensure that time is allocated for thorough cleaning during change over times.
To ensure the safety of everyone we are following strict government guidance and ask you kindly to work with us to enable training sessions to run smoothly and safely.
We ask you please to follow the rules set out by Gracie Barra, taking into account all Government guidance and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Please note, these are only temporary measure in some cases.
Please ensure the following rules are adhered to:
- Ensure classes are pre-booked. Please do not turn up at the academy unless you have a pre-booked training slot.
- If you have previously frozen or cancelled your membership, please ensure your membership is active before booking. Training can commence after your first payment of the month.
- If you are displaying any signs of illness please DO NOT consider training. If you display any symptoms or are tested positive for Covid19 following training please inform us immediately.
- No spectators are permitted. Parents/guardians, please drop your child off and pick up promptly.
- Please use the correct entrance and exit doors (clearly signed). Wait to be admitted to the academy. Where possible, do not gather in groups in the lane.
- Temperature will be taken on arrival. Anyone displaying a temperature of 37.8° or above will be unable to train and asked to leave.
- Students will be taken directly to their mat space. Changing facilities and toilets will be temporarily out of use. Please make sure children visit the toilet before they leave home. Obviously in emergencies, access to the toilet will not be denied.
- Students will not line up before or after classes and there will be no handshaking.
- Arrive on time, dressed in uniform.
- Personal hygiene is imperative. Please ensure uniform and body are clean. Do not sign in or collect attendance cards, this will be marked for you.
- Use hand sanitiser provided, before and after training.
- Please do not bring food into the academy. Water bottles only.
- Please do not gather in groups or ‘hang around’ in the academy before or after training. All seating will be out of use.
- Training will be non-contact initially, unless you are training with a family member or someone you live with. Students will be allocated individual training pods on the mat.
- A parent or older sibling will be allowed to train alongside their child at this time, even if they themselves are not members (particularly recommended for Tiny Champions). Likewise, partners from the same household, for adult members will be allowed. There is no need to book an extra slot for these accompanying partners,
- If you wish to speak to a member of staff about memberships or uniform order etc, please do so via messenger or email to arrange a convenient time, not immediately before or after training as this time will be allocated to health and safety procedures only.
Despite the long list of rules and regulations, we guarantee that all training will be fun and an extremely valuable and enjoyable experience!
Thankyou very much for your cooperation!
Paula & Rich
View COVID Instructor Certificate